Shopping with us during Covid-19
As we reopen the doors to our shop we want to thank you in advance for your patience as we work to keep you and our staff safe. We understand that, especially in the beginning, this may feel different and at times even be a little awkward. We will make every effort to provide the same atmosphere that makes our shop so unique while also taking added measures to provide a safe shopping experience for all involved.
Moving forward, here are the 5 ways you can shop with us:
- At our Physical Location starting June 1st in Portland, Maine with a limit of 5 customers in the store at one time.
- Private Shopping by Appointment for you and up to 4 other people of your choice starting June 1st. Enjoy a private shopping experience, with Michael or John, while the store is closed to the public.
- Virtual Private Shopping by Appointment via Google Hangout.
- by Telephone. Set up a private shopping by appointment phone call. We will follow up with images and measurements via text or email.
- Our website. We'll continue to update our website with new arrivals so you can continue to shop from the comfort and safety of your home! *Curbside pick up will be moved around the corner to our side entrance located at 1 Union Street.
We thank you in advance for your participation and cooperation with the following changes while shopping at our store until further notice:
- Customers and employees must wear masks while inside the shop. Disposable masks will be made available at the sanitization station near the entrance of the shop.
- Only 5 customers allowed in the shop at one time. When the 5 customer limit is reached, we will place rope at the entrance and will let you know when it is OK to enter. Please practice social distancing on sidewalk while waiting.
- Customers to sanitize hands upon entrance to shop at the sanitization station. Sanitizer will also be placed around the shop for convenience.
- Practice social distancing where practical.
- No food or drink allowed in shop.
- No dogs allowed in shop at this time.
- Please do not come in to the shop if you are feeling ill, schedule a private shopping appointment via video communication or telephone instead.
Our staff will also be following these additional updated procedures:
- following CDC recommended sanitizing procedures throughout the day in the store
- deep cleaning when the store is closed
- taking temperatures daily and monitoring of health and well being
- practicing social distancing
- wearing masks
- sanitizing and washing hands throughout the day
- removing and steaming returned items from sales floor for 24 hours
(*the above is just a small example of our internal changes, if you would like to see our full updated manual, please ask)
Thank you for your ongoing patience and support as we figure and evolve this new way of shopping. As always, your feedback is welcomed and we look forward to seeing or hearing from you soon.